San Antonio Cancellation Of Removal Lawyer
Cancellation of removal is a form of relief from deportation/removal that is available to permanent residents and nonpermanent residents. In order to qualify for cancellation of removal you must be under threat of being deported and must meet a number of criteria that we will outline below.
If you are facing deportation/removal in the U.S., the attorneys at Eric M. Bernal & Associates, LLC, can help you determine if you qualify for cancellation of removal. If so, we will aggressively fight for your right to live and work in the United States.
Are You Eligible For Cancellation Of Removal?
If you are a lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible for cancellation of removal if you meet the following criteria:
- You have lawfully lived in the U.S. for at least five years
- You have resided in the U.S. continuously for seven years after being admitted under any legal status
- You have not been convicted of an aggravated felony
If you are not a lawful permanent resident, you may still be eligible for cancellation of removal, but the criteria are more strict:
- You must have been physically present in the U.S. for a continuous period of at least 10 years.
- You must have exhibited good moral character during your time in the U.S.
- You cannot have been convicted of any crime that would make you inadmissible or deportable.
- You must establish that removal would cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to a spouse, parent or child who is a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen.
Contact Us · Austin Cancellation Of Removal For Permanent Residents Lawyer
If you are seeking cancellation of removal in San Antonio, Austin, Laredo or elsewhere in Texas or Arizona, we are here for you. Contact us today online or by telephone at 210-544-5368 or toll free at 800-653-2430 to speak with a knowledgeable San Antonio cancellation of removal attorney.